VCA Client Service Representative in Tustin, California
Company Info: VCA Inc. owns, operates, and manages the largest network of freestanding veterinary hospitals and veterinary clinical reference laboratories in North America, with over 900 hospitals located in the U.S. states and Canada, and more than 55 clinical laboratories. VCA is also a leading supplier of diagnostic imaging equipment to the veterinary industry, as well as operating a franchisor of premier dog daycare facilities.
If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA Orange County Veterinary Specialists is a well-respected, 24-hour emergency/multi-specialty practice in Tustin, California.
We are looking to add to our front office team! We are an excellent group of people... if we do say so ourselves! If you are looking for your new work family, we would love to talk to you and see if we are the right family to join! Our full time employees enjoy working four, 10 hour, shifts per week. Any candidate MUST have experience in the veterinary field.
• Customer service functions, including: greeting visitors, answering telephones, and guiding clients and their pets to exam rooms
• Scheduling and confirming appointments
• Placing outbound calls for follow-ups and reaching out to prospective clients
• Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments
• Recommending, selecting, and obtaining products and services, including prescriptions
• Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence
• At least six months of proven past experience helping customers in the Veterinary industry.
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Compassion for pets and people—as well as awareness and understanding of others’ reactions
• Proven decision-making skills to choose the most appropriate course of action
• The ability to integrate new information into problem-solving
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
• The ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and be exposed to hazards associated with pets such as allergies, contagious diseases, noises, odors, bites, scratches, and animal waste.
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including, medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts and more!
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We’re always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!